No Experience Needed!
Home of the "Fun Factor"
• Voted Best SUP Company by YOU and the Charleston City Paper 2012 & 2013!
• Best Facilities! Newly renovated shop with private parking facilities, bathroom, and storage adjacent to the Folly River. Walking distance from downtown Folly!
• Go with the Flow! Only company with private access point that guarantees an easy ride in wind or tide! We'll shuttle you back for FREE in the SUP Mobile!
• Top of the line boards and equipment! Brand new C4 boards and SUP ATX carbon fiber paddles! We can outfit anyone from 8 – 80!
• FREE Photos on All Tours! Just check out our facebook page immediately after your tour to see and share photos of you paddleboarding!
• Professionally trained staff. Our helpful and fun guides have over 60 years of combined experience on local waterways.
• We do everything paddle boarding! Eco safari tours, river and surf lessons, rentals, sup yoga and fitness, paddleboard sales, summer camps, races, and international trips.
Charleston SUP Safaris has been voted the Best Stand-Up Paddle company in Charleston for two years running. Learn how to paddleboard with the experts on the beautiful Folly River and let us guide you through the local ecosystem and wildlife. We offer Stand-Up Paddleboard eco-safari tours, river and surf lessons, rentals, SUP yoga, fitness, paddleboard sales, and summer camps.
Charleston SUP Safaris specializes in large groups, family outings, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate team building events, and special occasions. Stop by our newly renovated shop conveniently located at 83 Center St. and our professionally certified guides will get you outfitted with Boardworks paddleboards and carbon fiber paddles.
Our passion and sole focus is paddleboarding. Before your trip, our professional guides conduct proper ground school instruction and in-water paddle training, ensuring safe, fun, and exciting trips. Whether you’re looking for an invigorating flat water paddle through our estuaries or are interested in catching ocean waves, we love the water and want to share “The Stoke” with our customers. Come check us out! Everybody’s Learning How- with Charleston SUP Safaris.
Don't be confused by the rest! Experience the BEST in Charleston!
SUP Race Info
March 1, 2014
SUP Safaris is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Shamrock SUP Race! This years event will be held on March 16th, 1pm. We are stoked to kick off another season on Folly Beach!
October 26, 2013
SUP Safaris is holding our 3rd annual SUPer Scary SUP Race on the Folly River! More information below.
Our season is still going strong and getting ready for our end-of season new / used board sale!
We are proud to participate in the Folly Beach day for Surfer's Healing.
SUP Safaris will be conducting water quality testing with the students of Earthforce in conjunction with the SC DNR SCORE (South Carolina Oyster Restoration and Enhancement) program! Read more...
Announcing our new website thanks to Sea Island Media. Please check out their page. Read more...
Shamrock SUP Race 2014
SUP Safaris invites you to come out for a day of fun and sun when we host our 3rd annual Shamrock SUP Race! Participate in the 5K, 10K, kids race, or the tandem dog/owner race- and don't forget your costume! Great prizes awarded to category/costume contest winners. A portion of the proceeds will go the local water sports youth charity, Youth 2 Ocean. Dowload the application here or sign-up the day of the race! See you then!
Check out our video from the 2012 SUPer Scary SUP Race!
Andres Casson Director of Communities and Schools Summer Program-“Charleston SUP Safaris! One of the best businesses I've ever had dealings with. The staff is amazing. Master instructors and extremely patient with beginners. They are very professional and always keep safety first. Even the dolphin like them, Every time I've been on the water we have see dolphin, some as close as swimming under our boards. Jon Ory and his staff were able to provide my students with a SUP scholarship which allows them to paddle during the summer free of charge. They will literally give you the shirt off their backs. Seriously, I asked about purchasing a shirt and the owner literally gave me the shirt off his back! If you live in Charleston, SC or plan on a trip to Charleston, SC please check them out! You'll be glad you did!” Check out our feature in Charleston Magazine!
Links: Videos, Newsletters, & Events
Reader's Choice Awards Video
Book a Tour!
Click Here to book a tour with
Charleston SUP Safaris!
Same day? Give us a call!
Hours: Monday - Sunday 9am - 5pm